The Chicago Critics Film Festival is now accepting submissions of feature films for its 2014 festival taking place at the historic Music Box Theater from May 9-15, 2014. Features should be at least 70 minutes, but no longer than 160 minutes. All genres accepted.
Blu-Rays, DVDs and online links are acceptable screening formats. Online Vimeo links are preferred, but hard copies are acceptable. If accepted, your film can be screened in just about any format. Rough cuts are accepted as long as the film is only in need of music or minor effects fixes. All music rights for the film must be cleared.
Payment can be made online via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or by check made out to the Chicago Film Critics Association. Discs can be mailed to:
Chicago Critics Film Festival
1943 W. Warner Ave., Unit 1
Chicago, IL 60613
Submission fees and deadlines are as follows:
Non-refundable Fee: $50
Deadline: April 1st
When submitting, you agree to the following Chicago Critics Film Festival (CCFF) Terms and Conditions, and indicate that you have read and understood the CCFF entry guidelines. The following will apply if my film/video is selected:
- My film/video will be screened during the Chicago Critics Film Festival.
- My film/video will be shipped (at filmmaker’s expense) in one of the exhibition formats speciﬁed above by April 26th at the latest.
- My film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with the CCFF.
- I will permit the CCFF to use my name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all film/video submissions:
1. The CCFF retains the right to archive the submitted DVD screener copy of my film/video in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission.
2. The CCFF does not provide refunds on submission fees.
3. The CCFF will conduct private screening sessions to review submissions, which may include my film/video.
4. The CCFF will not return any DVD screening copy submissions.
For information on submitting shorts (any film between 1 and 45 minutes), please email email@example.com
SPECIAL NOTE: The CFCA is made up of journalists who specialize in reviewing and writing about films. Your submission will not be reviewed in any public forum unless it is accepted into our film festival.